(Please note that the steps mentioned here to stop sharing is for Office 365 Home subscription only.)
Office 365 is the latest version of the popular productivity suite that can be purchased to be installed on multiple PCs. In other words, you have to pay only for a single subscription that can be shared among other users. So, if you are the owner of an Office setup 365 Home subscription and you have shared it with others then you are also free to stop it anytime.
To make this happen, you need to follow a series of steps depending on the following two scenarios:
You are the owner of the Office 365 Home subscription
- In this case, Log in to your Office account and then select Office 365
- You will see an Office 365 Share Page
- Open the Manage People section and from the list of the shared computers/person names, remove the one you no longer want to share your subscription with
- For this, select Stop sharing with this person
- Once you remove, the person will receive an email including the info about the removal
You are sharing someone else’s Office 365 Home subscription
- Log in to My Office Account and select Stop using this shared subscription from Subscription Sharing section
- Select Leave in the confirmation dialog box
- You will no longer be able to use the shared subscription!
When you stop share the subscription, you lose all the Office 365 Home subscription benefits. However, you can still copy or print your MS Office files. While stopping the shared subscription through any of the aforementioned ways, if you face any trouble or technical difficulty then call Office 365 customer support team and a support technician will respond to your call and provide you an immediate solution of the problem. Hope the information was useful!
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a strict vigil over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the precise and useful information to the users that further help them in troubleshooting or fixing the minor or major issues.