Microsoft with the help of the web technology-based platform has combined the third parties like Outlook Add-ins into Microsoft Outlook. The Office setup 2016 Outlook supports the mail add-ins like email messages, responses, meeting requests, appointments, and cancellation.
And each of the email add-ins describes the context at what basis they are available like the types of items and whether the user is reading or composing an item. There is some add-in that gets installed by the email administrator, but still, you can install other add-ins from the Office Store.
An Outlook add-in has certain features-
- An Outlook add-in is available from the Microsoft Office Store or by the end-users or administrators.
- The add-in and business logic work in desktop-like MS-Outlook for Windows and Mac; Web like Office 365 and Outlook.com, as well as Smartphone.
Here in the article learn about the Office add-ins for Microsoft-Outlook (to download, you need to visit office.com/setup) and how to install it.
Check out the steps to purchase and install Office add-ins for Microsoft Outlook-
- Open the Outlook application.
- Click on the ‘Home’ option.
- Select the ‘Store on the ribbon’.
- Look for the add-ins you want on the ‘Add-ins for MS-Outlook’ page.
- Select ‘All’ option.
- Scroll–down or search for the add-ins in the list by clicking on the ‘Search’ box.
- You can use the toggle controls to turn on or off for the free add-ins.
- Choose the ‘Get it’ option to done with the purchase for the paid add-ins and free trials.
- After the Office add-ins get installed, click on the ‘File’ option.
- Choose ‘Manage add-ins’ or ‘Manage apps’ to check whether it is turned on.
- If asked to sign-in, you need to enter the correct as well as the same email ID and password, which you have used while signing-into Office programs (by visiting office.com/myaccount)